Ugh OK here we go. These personal websites are hard, aren’t they? I’ve been trying to think of what to write on these things for years. Still working at it.
Well I guess you can’t go wrong with a few facts. My name’s Ian. I’m from Wellington, New Zealand. I work with motion graphics and video for my little company Ketchup, in Sydney, Australia.
Here’s an about page reimagined as a movie script. Hollywood, you know where to find me.
Projects of the computer variety.
A plugin for Adobe After Effects that makes your animation look better with just a click. Here’s an intro vid.
A small suite of simple (but sweet) scripts for the edit and grading powerhouse, DaVinci Resolve. I made an intro video for them, too.
In May I presented a series on Adobe’s flagship editing app, Premiere Pro, along with Flyn Tracy. Live! Unedited! From my bedroom!
App tutorials that range from the introductory to the propellerheaded.
Humour of the written word.
Miscellaneous funny things:
- LickPop™ Employee Orientation Manual.
- Comments from a Porn Site in the Year 1616.
- Release Notes for a Fictional App
- Suggestions for a Colleague’s Leaving Card.
- Swearing for New Parents.
For the completists.
My Creative Mornings talk. I talked about Ease and Wizz, amongst other things, on the global theme of “Connect”.
Adobe invited me to talk extending and automating After Effects on Adobe APAC Live.
I’ve appeared on the Australian Design Radio podcast a few times:
- EP11 with Ian Haigh On The Jacky Winter Stage
- EP61 with Nicole Tung on Composure in Conflict
- EP62 with Kitiya Palaskas on Craft and Design
- EP64 with Tim Clapham on Motion and Experiments